Sociology of Education I
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Kovač Šebart Mojca
- The areas and methodology of researching the sociology of education as an interdisciplinary scientific discipline.
- Defining the relationship between education and socialization.
- The relationships among education, the individual and society: education as a process of developing the individual's personality and as a process of the reproduction of society; education as an "essentially by-product" state. The social mandatory character, the socially dominant structure of personality.
- The place of educational institutions in a society; the relationships among the subjects participating in the educational process.
- The relationship between the normal and the pathological.
- The social role of educational institutions.
- The value foundation of education in public schools; expert solutions and school legislation; the educational conception of public schools (the factors determining the considerations of public educational institutions).