Slovenian History of the 19th Century
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Selišnik Irena
Emphasis is on the following topic sets:
- Characteristics and dynamics of economic modernization of the Slovenian space compared to the other areas of the Habsburg Monarchy.
- Demographic development and gradual change of the social structure of the population in the Slovenian area.
- Characteristics of the process of national development of Slovenians compared to other nations of the Habsburg Monarchy (from elite nationalism to mass movement).
- Slovenian-German (Italian, Hungarian) relations.
- Development of the typical ideological-political configuration in the process of political democratization of the monarchy (differences by states).
- Slovenian self-image (the sense of jeopardy, finding allies, Yugoslav/Slavic idea).
- Slovenian politics in the national assembly.
- The attitude of Slovenians to the Habsburg monarchy.
- Secularization of Slovenian Society and pillarization.