Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Lipovšek Frančiška
An introduction to cognitive linguistcs, focusing on the following topics:
1. The relationship between language, perception and cognition. Comparison with other theoretical frameworks.
2. Categorization and the prototype theory.
3. Conceptual frames and domains.
4. Conceptual metaphor and metonymy.
5. Conceptual blending.
6. Cognitive operations and construals (e.g. figure/ground, viewpoint, mental zooming in/out, fictive motion, objectivity/objectivity).
8. Grounding and reference.
9. Spatial relations, trajector/landmark relationship, image schemas.
10. A cognitive approach to grammatical categories and structures (e.g. definiteness and article use, countability, aspect, possessive constructions, the use of prepositions).